Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weigh-In 10/17/07

First the weights, then some pretty hefty disclaimers:

Weight: 238.0
Week Change: -6.2
Total Change: -71.0

Ok, disclaimer time:

1) It's been two weeks since my last weigh-in
2) I quit Weight Watchers last week, and bought a scale
3) Since I have a scale at home now, I can weigh myself when it's most advantageous. By this I mean in the morning, so I don't have to starve myself all day.
4) And since I have the scale in the privacy of my own home, I don't have to wear heavy things like, say, clothes. ;) That's worth a couple of pounds right there.

So this week was a pretty big jump. We'll see how it goes as we move forward.

Why did I quit Weight Watchers? Couple reasons for this:

1) $40 a month. I haven't stayed for a meeting in months, and I stopped using the website to track points awhile ago, so the value of the service has seriously dropped.
2) Now that I don't work at CoreStreet anymore, getting into Park Street by 5:30pm every Wednesday has become a real hassle. I probably could have found a closer meeting in Watertown or Newton or something, but eh.

So that's that. This blog has now become my main motivator. I'm committed to continue weighing myself weekly and posting it here for all to see. So if any of you who read this see me slacking on my weigh-in posts, I hereby give you permission to bug the hell out of me. :)

No comments: